About Me

My photo
We met May 22, 2010 and enjoy going through life together even on the bad days because they make the best ones even better! We enjoy cake and going on walks. Contradictory, we know. We ride horses, play chess, and try to make room for homework.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Book Review

East of Eden by John Steinbeck At first I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this book very much since The Grapes of Wrath was very boring, but I was also on a time crunch with classes so I might revisit it later. Anyways, despite the slow introduction it was overflowing with twists and turns in the plot and it got confusing since sometimes the characters would change their names when they got to a new city. The book is about many families and the struggles they have trying to make a garden of Eden in a desert.Samuel is a character that reminds me of Justin with his ingenuity. Seriously though it is a really good book and keep a dictionary near by because there were some words I wasn't 100 percent sure on so I double checked them as I read. Its not a quick read so if you have a lot of flights or extra time read it! I would give it a 10 on a 10 point scale because it is a fantastic world to watch.

No comments: